1. not proud or arrogant; modest: to be humble although successful.
2. having a feeling of insignificance, inferiority, subservience, etc.: In the presence of so many world-famous writers I felt very humble.
3. low in rank, importance, status, quality, etc.; lowly: of humble origin; a humble home.
4. courteously respectful: In my humble opinion you are wrong.
5. low in height, level, etc.; small in size: a humble member of the galaxy.
What does it mean to be humble?
I often feel very humbled when experiencing something new for the first time, witnessing something life changing (for me or for someone else) or when im completely blown away by something that I never expected to be.
I watched the YouTube film last weekend – Life in a Day.
It was one of them films when you come away and think I just saw something really special. There were no famous faces, no attention seekers and most importantly no one sharing something false.
I felt like I had fallen into all these snippets of lives around the world and was witnessing first hand how these people where spending their day, why it was important to them and why they were doing things this way.
It was incredible to watch the highs and lows of people you have never met.
Sometimes I feel as if I’ve fallen into a bubble and can get too involved in life around me to step back and look at the big picture.
So it was after watching that – I felt incredible humbled.
In a good way 🙂